We want to take a moment to send a special message to our donors, supporters and volunteers. We are so grateful for your continued support over the years and especially during this challenging time as we work to adapt our services during the pandemic. We appreciate everything you have done to help us provide services to those most in need in our communities. We are thinking of you during these uncertain times and hoping you all remain in good health.
TEXT-TO-911 NOW AVAILABLE FOR RESIDENTS OF SUFFOLK
How to text 911:
- On your mobile device, enter the numbers "911" in the "To" or "Recipient" field of a new text message...
- The first text to 911 should be short and include the location of the emergency, and ask for the police, fire, or ambulance...
- Press the "Send" button
- Answer questions and follow instructions from the 911 call taker
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HAND SIGNAL NOW BEING USED DURING COVID-19
How to use hand signal:
- Click on this link to see more: LINK
- When virtually talking with a friend, social worker, case manager, doctor, etc. you can use the signal to non-verbally ask for help
- The person seeing the symbol should then ask you yes or no questions to get you the best help you need (Ex. Would you like me to call 911? Do you need me to call a shelter and look into services for you?)